The Pacifica college preparatory program readies students for future study at top universities, with well-balanced and rigorous academic curriculum and graduation requirements that exceed the minimum University of California standards. The academic program leads students on a four-year journey through the humanities, sciences, and the arts while integrating faith into the curriculum when appropriate. This path focuses on the Great Conversation of the Western tradition utilizing the tools of inquiry and rhetoric. It also develops a student’s analytical, problem solving, entrepreneurial, and technological skills, preparing him or her for a vital role in the 21st Century economy. Pacifica is committed to promoting and encouraging an authentic joy of learning.
- A rigorous, college preparatory curriculum, preparing students to excel at any college in the country
- A curriculum founded on the great conversation of Western Civilization where all topics, both secular and theological, are explored
- Use of Socratic Seminar and discussion with a focus on writing, speaking, and listening
- Teaching based on inquiry, rhetoric, and higher level thinking skills
- The integration of faith and learning into the classroom when appropriate
- A high level of engagement between students and teachers that fosters academic achievement, joy in learning and the development good young men and women who are being taught to think and live well
- Customization and personalization for each student
- Opportunities for involvement in athletics, arts, leadership and co-curricular activities that strengthens a student’s educational experience
- Joy and interest in learning. Education as an end to itself
- A commitment to truth, beauty and goodness
- A school for all neighborhoods where students come together from all religious, socio-economic, ethnic and political backgrounds to journey together toward a common goal.