Pacifica Christian is a liberal arts high school devoted to teaching young men and women from all neighborhoods to think critically and wisely, instilling heartfelt joy and interest in learning, while encouraging lives of faith, character, and service to the glory of God.
Pacifica endeavors to be a liberal arts high school that teaches students to think and live well by integrating faith, virtue, and learning.
Gratia et Veritas (Grace and Truth)
Pacifica is founded on the pursuit of grace and truth in all relationships. According to John 1:14, “The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.” The integration of grace and truth is a gift from the Father, which is modeled by Christ. That is the example we seek to follow in shaping our school culture.
Statement of Faith
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God and is the final authority for Christian faith and practice.
- God exists eternally in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; and has revealed Himself to be perfect in love, righteous in all His ways, and Creator of all things.
- Jesus Christ is God’s eternal Son. As true God and true man, He allowed Himself to be born of a virgin, taught men how to love through His sinless life, was crucified as a sacrifice for our sins, arose bodily from the dead, was seen by over 500 persons, and returned to heaven to prepare a place for us.
- Men and women were created in God’s image, tempted by Satan, and rebelled against God. Through repentance and personal faith in Jesus Christ we are forgiven of our sins, reborn of the Holy Spirit, and become children of God.
- The Holy Spirit persuades us to repent of our sins and confess Jesus as Lord. He lives in us, teaches us, and enables us to live godly lives.
- The Church is the living Body of Christ on earth. Christ is its head and source of its life. The church body is composed of those who have received Him as Savior and Lord. The church exists to communicate God’s good news to our world, to care for the growth and health of the body of Christ, and to celebrate the love and life of God.
- God’s redemptive purpose will be consummated by the return of Christ to raise the dead, judge all people according to the deeds done in the body, and establish His glorious kingdom.
- A college preparatory liberal arts education
- The integration of faith and learning
- Teaching that engages the heart and the mind
- A focus on inquiry and rhetoric
- A curriculum that is founded on the great conversation of Western Civilization
- All truth is God’s truth
- A commitment to the values of conviction and curiosity as complementary rather than competing values
- A commitment to truth, beauty, and goodness
- A school that doesn’t replace but, comes alongside the family and church for the student’s best education
- Deepening students in lives of faith that reflect the values of charity, grace, justice, freedom, duty, humility, courage, goodness, and faithfulness
- A school for all neighborhoods
- An authentic, relational community that pursues grace and truth